Veracity Consulting Group (VCG), a RGP company, is a global, digital consulting firm headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. What started in 2015 as a small group of consultant trailblazers has quickly transformed into a fast-growing firm innovating Fortune 500s that you see today.
Our team is made up of technologists, strategists, and creative problem solvers who have one goal in common: creating fluid, sustainable solutions that support business growth. We come together as one team to deliver transformative results. While we take our work seriously, we never lose our playful spirit, and we pride ourselves on our fun and energetic culture.
Today we are ready to add a Cloud Engineer/Databricks Admin to the team. As Cloud Engineer/Databricks Admin you will be responsible for using you knowledge of data processing software and business application development to support analytical needs of the Business. Duties include collaborating with business customers, stakeholders and other development team members to define, design and implement analytical products like automated reports (including visual), statistical models, data analytics processes and etc.
- Managing Azure Infrastructure (network, storage, services, set up tools, establish connectivity with on-prem data center, etc.)
- Collaborate with development team members to finalize system design and to identify incremental features delivery.
- Use application development tools and resources to independently build data application components including triggers, validation, monitoring and logging.
- Working with data, looking for anomalies, identifying issues and unwinding root cause of any issues and/or determining if an anomaly is not an issue
- Define options for automating manual solutions
- Create analytical presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience
- 2-3 years of experience in Azure cloud engineering
- 2-3 years of experience in Databricks administration
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills and self-sufficient in investigating data discrepancies – proficient at data analysis and mining
- Technical communication skills – writing and editing, as well as speaking.
- Knowledge of logical/physical data model and data relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience writing complex queries in SQL and understanding large scale data warehouse environments.
- Proven Expertise in Data Application Coding languages such as SQL, Scala, Python and Spark used in production applications and unit testing.
- Experience with development and implementation of Databricks Notebooks a plus
- Experience with end-to-end development and deployment of analytics products and end user analytical tools/data visualization skills
- Experience testing and debugging complex data transformations as well as standard code packages
Why Work for Veracity?
- Flexible work environment (remote or onsite)
- Family first
- Agile and collaborative
- Fun and energetic
- Group of like-minded folks and creative problem solvers
- Fast paced
- Inclusive and Passionate
- Supportive, approachable, and encouraging leadership and team members
- All roles are client facing
Summary of Benefits*
- Competitive salary with potential financial rewards and perks
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Basic Life, Supplemental Life & Disability Plans
- 401k Savings Plan with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Open Paid Time Off, plus 6 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Company-provided Equipment
- Career Advancement and Training Opportunities
*Benefit eligibility may vary based on employment status upon hire
Base Pay Range: 50-70/hour W2
All compensation is commensurate with employee qualifications, experience, and other factors including geographic location, market, and operational factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veracity Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Visit our website at www.meetveracity.com to see the amazing work our teams have done and continue to do!